Friday, November 15, 2013

Changing My Mindset. Loving the Interruptions.

It's a really interesting experience trying to write with a tiny person attached to my boob. 
Is it ok for my boob to be on Blogger? I hope so...today my boob was out in Marshall's & outside at the tables at both Whole Foods & Panera & in the car at Target & Old Navy. What's the internet compared to that?
There's my girl, with her post-boob snack smile.
And now she's goofing around on my lap while I attempt to write this. And then I decided to get off Blogger & play with my sweet girl. 
That's the change in mindset I need to work on. Because when I write I get very absorbed & don't want to talk & don't want to stop, but I can't be like that, I have to stop. I can't ignore a five month old tugging at my shirt & giggling. 
And now she's doing this. Post bath, post PaPa's lap, post post bath boob.
Of course she's on my lap, & not in bed, & dinner is just now ready, so now we are faced with the "do we move the baby & risk waking her or do I just sit here" dilemma. 
So I'm going to write a bit. Which is why I wanted to start blogging again, to give me something to do in these moments besides stare at Facebook. 
And for the hundredth time today, I've written a bunch in my head while doing other things. And forgot what I was doing or thinking & I'm realizing the tenses on these posts will never make sense, but I will never, ever get down a coherent thought without stopping. 
I guess I just have to learn to love the interruptions. 
Everything about being Iris' mama had been about stopping whatever I'm doing & putting her first. Which has been surprisingly easy for me. But it's meant that I haven't even attempted to make art. 
And she woke! And there was the oh so terrible sad face! And now it's much later & who knows what my original thought even was.
Fast forward to the next morning. It's midmorning nap time.
So maybe I will try to finish this up. It is pretty damn peaceful, snuggled up in bed on a November morning next to a sleeping five month old girl. Who even cares what I was originally going to say?
Sonething about art. And interruptions. And getting use to accepting them. Sure I had things I was trying to say that I forgot because Iris woke up & needed me, but then there are her little hands reaching for me & her fabulous smile,  & then I love my life right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment