Thursday, November 14, 2013

A Few Housekeeping Notes.

Hello! Here we go again. Now it's November, I think it was July when I last checked in. I'm still here at home with Iris Marjorie, & I'm still trying to get myself blogging regularly, because I think it will be good for my brain to write something besides a Facebook status.
A few practical notes: I've decided to combine my three previous blogs (Eating & Drawing the painting/food blog, Scraps & Glue the collage blog, & Bizzcuit the diary blog) into one place, & to blog as Scraps & Glue only from now on.
I feel like my life no longer has room for that kind of complexity & compartmentalization. 
I only can manage to find the tiniest scraps of me time right now, so who knows what I will manage to use it for.
I've also realized that I've been blogging in some form or other for about seven years, & I like having all that writing in one place. It's been a strange seven years, & I wouldn't have thought I'd have arrived here. 
I am a very very lucky girl.
As I mentioned in my last post, I feel like I'm going to mostly end up blogging using the blogger app on my iPhone, so my posts might look a little different. 
For Eating & Drawing I never published a post that wasn't fully illustrated in color, but that's just not going to happen now. 
Instead, you are going to more often then not get the view from my couch via the iPhone camera, while I write with one hand & Iris naps on my lap.
That's my current view. I could paint it, but then I'd have to move the sleeping baby. 
I've done zero painting since I got pregnant, never mind since Iris was born, which is a real long stretch for me. I have been attempting to draw a little, maybe I will post those here at some point.  
Another note: my posts might not totally make sense as I may start them one day & finish them a month later. Time with a baby is weird. 
The best thing about no longer being pregnant is that my relationship to food is slowly returning, so hopefully I can even come up with a food post here & there. We roasted a duck last night & I hope to do something interesting with the leftovers. 
Plus Thankgiving is coming up, one of my very favorite holidays, & the first one in eight years that I haven't worked in grocery retail. We are cooking here, as it is Iris' first Thanksgiving & is also Hannukah this year. Stay tuned. 
Iris is five months old today, & we have big plans to leave the house & run errands.
Wish us luck, & fingers crossed I manage to keep this writing thing up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment