Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Gratitude.

Merry Christmas Eve. 
Here I sit, snug in our home on Christmas  Eve, curled up on our tiny couch, with my sweet sleepy girl, & snoozing kitten. 
We are cooking Christmas Eve dinner at home this year. 
Goose just came out of the oven, 
potatoes are boiling, Christmas music is playing, presents are wrapped, tree is lit. 
The house is reasonably clean, we did nothing today but be at home & be a family & walk the dog in the woods. 
It's our first Christmas with our wonderful Iris. It's the first time I've ever eaten a goose. It's the first time we've ever just spent Christmas at home. It's so lovely to be here, & not on the road driving, or just finished driving, or about to drive. 
I'm just so grateful for this small sleeping girl. This is the best moment, Iris here in my arms by the Christmas tree on a crisp dark December night in Massachusetts.
These are the things that I try to hold on my heart & remember always. 
Merry Christmas, everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment